Sunday 19 August 2012

365project Week 33

I've been struggling this week with the school holiday blues.
Didn't I read somewhere that last Monday was supposed to be the most stressful day of the holidays for parents?
It has been a bit 'tense' in our house with children starting to irritate each other, tempers been well and truly lost (mine) and insufficient entertainment being provided (apparently).

I rebelled and told them all to get on with it and amuse themselves for a bit. They are still working on this.

Meanwhile I sighed a lot and looked skyward trying to zone out the sound of extreme bickering. Fortunately the sun was shining so the sky provided some photographic inspiration, evidenced by a significant proportion of sky and blue in my montage.

Five Go Blogging 365project week 33

Blue shoes peekaboo
Blue skies soften the cathedral
Doodles chase away the grey
Entertaining himself
Afternoon skies sighing
The glisten of blue glass
Blue checks reflected on blue

But with only two weeks of the school holidays left I don't want to wish any time away before the Princess starts school, the Wee One starts nursery and The Big One starts key stage 2. The house will be very quiet without them.


Joining in with The Boy and Me.

If you would like to see any of this weeks photos in more detail, head over to my 365project.


TheBoyandMe's 366 Linky

11 comments:

  1. Blue is my favourite colour. And it's so clever how you've interpreted it in so many different ways. The sky shot is my favourite.
    And I'm with you on the school holiday blues. My two go back to school/nursery start back next week after seven LONG weeks. I'm just about holding onto my sanity, by the thinnest of threads.
    Hang on in there x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good selection of 'blues'. Like the afternoon sky best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice tied together theme. No dont wish their lives away. Ours go back to school tomorrow, well Fifi does, Bob is going to be home schooled

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that cathedral picture that is stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab use of the colour blue across your photos this week. My children aren't at school, but even if I cannot believe that there are only 2 weeks left beforef term starts again! Enjoy the time you all have left x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another really lovely collection! I know what you mean about the holidays and the bickering!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All fab, but I particularly like the cathedral shot. Hope this week is a little calmer! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely selection, and oh 2 big milestones, good luck to them both and you x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you sound just like me! Week 4 was a tough one for me too, I wrote a blogpost along similar lines! I too don't want to wish the time away though so this week I am hoping it will be better :) New milestones for you in September so definitely make the most of it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the flow of the photos, the stone in the wall and building leading to the blue skies and crockery.

    I'm beginning to get twitchy about the end of the holidays, I don't want it to happen :-(

    Thanks for linking up

    ReplyDelete

Oooh, I do like a good comment :-)