Wednesday 3 August 2011

Birth - The Gallery

It was with a slight degree of trepidation that I decided I would join in this week's Gallery. The theme for the week is birth and I was going to take you through each of my birth experiences, one by one, in as much detail as my maternity notes would allow, you know, just like all those new mothers you overhear talking in Costa. But then again, a couple of weeks after the birth I find that the novelty of birth stories wears off, much like the pain of having a poo after a vaginal delivery!

However there are a couple of stories about each of mine that I could share which I hope will raise a smile, if not an eyebrow.



Birth 1: The Big One.
Midwife: Do you know what you are having?
Me after hours and hours of labour: Well from where I'm sitting it feels like a cow.












Birth 2: Princess
Me: I don't want a girl. I know how horrible I was as a child. I really don't want a girl.
Me, a few emotional hours later: I've changed my mind! I do want a girl!
Midwife: I'll see what I can do.

(And, no I haven't made a mistake and included the same photo twice!)










Birth 3: The Wee One
16.30   Me: My husband should be here by now.
16.40   Me through gritted teeth and mid-scream: Please can I have an epidural? Midwife: Noooo. You've got ages to go yet.
16.50   Me: Where is my F**K**G husband?
16.55   Husband arriving looking slightly flustered: It's okay darling. You can do it. You've done it twice before. Me: Not without an epi-f**k**g-dural I haven't.
16.58   The Wee One unexpectedly arrives. Midwife: Oh






5 comments:

  1. Really funny pot. Actually laughed out loud.
    I did think baby 1 and 2 were the same at first. All look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, I don't want to be reminded of the first poo after delivery, very traumatic!

    Such cute photos, maybe I should have another one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant stories! That first poo was a killer :D x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So you forgot to mention the NCT G&T afternoon after the Big One. That was a defining moment for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually Mummy, it was a tough few months and I don't think we ever did get that gin! NCT reunion over gin perhaps? x

    ReplyDelete

Oooh, I do like a good comment :-)